Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Just For the Record ...

Last Friday I wrote to cancel my membership of the Liberal Democrats.

My decision was not taken lightly, and I do not want to go into the reasons in any detail here. Let's just say it was an accumulation of major and minor issues, since the debacle of student loans, that have ultimately resulted in me being very uncomfortable remaining in the party.

I have thought about this throughout August to make sure that I was comfortable with this decision. I have carried out my duties in this period with gritted teeth at times. There can be no half-way house for me. To resign certain posts and take a back seat, like several others have done, would only prolong the discussion over me and hinder the progress of those who want to get on with the task of positively promoting the Liberal Democrats.

I intend to remain a fully participating member of the Houghton Regis Town Council, albeit not one belonging to any particular party.
Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment